Re: Compiling from CVS: undefined reference to

From: "Serguei A(dot) Mokhov" <mokhov(at)cs(dot)concordia(dot)ca>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compiling from CVS: undefined reference to
Date: 2004-09-28 05:51:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:34:45 -0400
>
> "Serguei A. Mokhov" <mokhov(at)cs(dot)concordia(dot)ca> writes:
> > pg_backup_db.o(.text+0x9f): In function `_check_database_version':
> > : undefined reference to `PQparameterStatus'
>
> I'd say it is picking up a several-versions-back libpq.so from
> somewhere, but it's hard to tell where. Do you have anything already
> installed in /usr/local/pgsql/lib? What configure arguments did you
> use?

The configure args were just "--enable-nls", but it's irrelevant as your
first guess is correct -- it picked up libpq.so of 7.3.6... in /usr/lib it
is. I actually was not aware that the admin had postgres installed there,
so I just went ahead and tried to compile a fresh checkout and got a bit
puzzled the error and it did not occur to me to see if there was
something already installed as the server is new.

Sorry for the noise :(

--
Serguei A. Mokhov | /~\ The ASCII
Computer Science Department | \ / Ribbon Campaign