int2[] vs int2vector in pg_catalog?

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: int2[] vs int2vector in pg_catalog?
Date: 2004-03-29 07:41:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear hackers,

I'm wondering for the rationnal of the types used in various tables in
pg_catalog (v 7.4.2) so as to represent the very same thing:

- in pg_index, the indkey is represented by a int2vector

- in pg_constraint, conkey and confkey are represented my smallint[]

As I was trying to compare the two, I have to resort to some hacks.

It also appears that there are very few available function to deal with
int2vector at the SQL or PL/pgSQL level. Basically I found none:-(

Any comments?

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr