"is_superuser" parameter creates inconsistencies

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: "is_superuser" parameter creates inconsistencies
Date: 2003-07-28 07:50:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Presumably, the "is_superuser" parameter was intended to make the updating
of psql's prompt more accurate when SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION is used.
However, if the prompt is customized to include the user name (%n), then
the prompt changes to reflect the real superuser status, but does not
change the user name. I guess we need to pass "session_user" as well.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net