Re: Tracing used SQL statments

From: Andrew Perrin <clists(at)perrin(dot)socsci(dot)unc(dot)edu>
To: Matthew Pinhorn <matthew(dot)pinhorn(at)iona(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tracing used SQL statments
Date: 2003-06-25 17:58:38
Lists: pgsql-admin

In your postgresql.conf file (on my system this is /etc/postgresql.conf -
don't know how standard that is) insert the following line:

debug_print_query = on

then restart the postmaster (again, on my system: /etc/init.d/postgresql
restart) and you'll be on your way. It ends up in the general
postgres.log, /var/log/postgres.log on my system.

ap

clists(at)perrin(dot)socsci(dot)unc(dot)edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu