Re: 7.0 -> 7.2 Migration (oops)

From: Yury Bokhoncovich <byg(at)center-f1(dot)ru>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: Glen Baker <postgres(at)coakley-baker(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.0 -> 7.2 Migration (oops)
Date: 2002-10-01 07:27:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello!

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Friday 27 September 2002 09:46 am, Glen Baker wrote:
> > Whups...I just upgraded my linux system from Redhat 7.1 to 7.3. As a part
> > of that upgrade my postgres installation was also upgraded from 7.0 to
> > 7.2.1.
>
> > Is there any way that I can migrate the databases after the fact? Had I
> > realized this was going to happen I would have dumped them beforehand, but
> > it's a bit late now..
>
> It's mentioned in the Red Hat 7.3 release notes.
>
> Anyway, that doesn't help you. You _might_ be able to reinstall your
> PostgreSQL 7.0 RPM's from your Red Hat 7.1 install media. Get all the

BTW, there is no need in this. It is enough to get just postmaster from
RPM. Easiest method is thru MC :-):
just click to old PG RPM, select usr/bin, then copy postmaster and
pg_dumpall to your home directory.
Start old postmaster, then run pg_dumpall >somefile, stop postmaster (just
do killall postmaster). That's all.
You'd start the new PG and do psql -f somefile...

--
WBR, Yury Bokhoncovich, Senior System Administrator, NOC of F1 Group.
Phone: +7 (3832) 106228, ext.140, E-mail: byg(at)center-f1(dot)ru(dot)