Re: Shopping Cart

From: Achilleus Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: Charles Curi <charles(dot)curi(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Shopping Cart
Date: 2006-02-01 08:27:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

O Charles Curi έγραψε στις Jan 31, 2006 :

> Hi people.
> I need to implement a shopping cart in my Java web system.
> A friend of mine adviced me using stored procedures and temporary tables
> with PostgreSQL.
> I wonder if anybody have an example in mood to help me.
> I`d be grateful.

Session wide stored Attribues would definately do the job,
and fits with the idea of temporary inmemory storage.

When i implemented a web based email client on top of
jboss/jetty/pgsql i used the above techinque for implementing
attachments.

However the persistence of the transaction's details might be subject
to further thought.

--
-Achilleus