Re: [PPOSTGRES][PSQL] Segmentation fault

From: Achilleus Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: Fabrice(dot)Sznajderman(at)devoteam(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PPOSTGRES][PSQL] Segmentation fault
Date: 2006-01-18 14:37:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

O Fabrice(dot)Sznajderman(at)devoteam(dot)com έγραψε στις Jan 18, 2006 :

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem when I start PSQL.
> I used psql command to start . and I had this message :
>
> Segmentation fault
>
> I don't understand what happen.
>
> Have you an idea?
Your system needs some care.
Something is definately broken.
What changes did you make to the system since the last time
psql worked correctly? (if any)
In any case smth like

% gdb <psql executable> <path to core>
(gdb) where

is your friend.

Please tell us also your OS RELEASE, PgSQL version, architecture.

> thanks in advance for helps!
>

> Fabrice SZNAJDERMAN
> About Devoteam:
>
> Devoteam is an IT consulting group.
> Combining consulting and technology solutions offers enables
> Devoteam to provide its customers with independent advice and
> effective solutions to align their information system's technical
> infrastructure with their operational objectives.
> The group achieved a turnover of 150 million euros in 2004
> an operating margin of 5.8% and counts 1,800 employees through
> ten European countries and the Middle East.
> Listed on the Euronext Paris Nouveau Marche and part of the Nexteconomy,
> IT CAC, IT CAC 50, SBF 250 index of Euronext Paris.
> www.devoteam.com

-Achilleus