Re: Attention PL authors: want to be listed in template

From: Dennis Bjorklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Attention PL authors: want to be listed in template
Date: 2005-09-09 05:11:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> I've committed the changes to have a system catalog in place of the
> hard-wired table. In the initial commit, I listed only the languages
> included in the core distribution.

If I understand this correct you have created a system table that contain
the settings for some of the languages. It basicly have one row for each
language? And in this row there is for example a column that say what the
validator function is called, right? Or what do the current solution look
like?

Doesn't this make it hard for distributions to package up a language in a
rpm (or some other system) and have it just work? If the per language info
was simply stored in a file then this file can be included in a package
and you can install a new language in a simple way.

--
/Dennis Björklund