Re: 8.1beta, SunOS and shmget

From: "Sergey E(dot) Koposov" <math(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)ru>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.1beta, SunOS and shmget
Date: 2005-08-29 16:20:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> >unfortunatly max_connections=10 is not enough to run
> >fully the make check :(, but I cannot raise more the max_connections
> >parameter
> >
> You can limit the number of connections that "make check" runs. We built
> that facility in for cygwin, but it looks like you could use it.
>
> Try something like:
>
> MAX_CONNECTIONS=8 make check

Thanks, now it works -- and it passed all the tests.

By the way, now it seems that Postgres 8.1beta on SunOS 5.8 on Sun Sparc
works well (passes all the regression tests) using both gcc (3.2.1), and
sun compiler cc (Forte Developer 7 C 5.4). (despite SunOS is not supported
platform following the documentation).

With Best regards,

Sergey

Sergey E. Koposov