Re: Sixth Draft

From: Joshua Kramer <josh(at)bitbuckets(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sixth Draft
Date: 2004-09-02 16:02:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> There are currently 1135 ppl on pgsql-hackers ...

This brings up a good point, if we say, "over one thousand developers
working on Postgresql" then will businesses say, "Wow, there's an awful
lot of room for people to insert malicious code!" While it might not be
correct, it will give that impression... and, what Simon said about the
fact that hundreds of developers submit patches making the
patch-acceptance thing secure... that is not clear to someone reading th
epress release, and it may open up a whole can of worms if we try to find
some way of saying that. Let's just leave it at hundreds of devlopers and
stop.

--Josh