Re: Import from Ms Excel

From: Achilleus Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Cc: psql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Import from Ms Excel
Date: 2004-03-16 11:42:45
Lists: pgsql-sql

O kyrios Andrew Sullivan egrapse stis Mar 16, 2004 :

> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 03:13:38PM +0530, Kumar wrote:
> > Dear Friends,
> >
> > Is possible to import data from MS Excel sheet into postgres
> > database 7.3.4 running on Linux 7.2
>
> Yes. I find the easiest way is to export a delimited file from Excel
> and use the \copy command in psql.

Another fancy lib (although not necessarilly pgsql specific),
is the POI project from jakarta.
You can read/write M$ XLS documents from java, and
subsequently (via jdbc) manipulate pgsql tables.

The good part is that you can dynamically generate an excel file
with arbitary content.

-Achilleus