Re: Mirror how-to?

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Mirror how-to?
Date: 2004-02-18 13:53:27
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Dave Page wrote:

> How about that?

Perfect. Below, HTML tags are inserted:

mirror-howto.php
<P>
<h3>Mirroring the FTP or web site</h3>

<BR><BR>

Our mirror sites are provided to us on a voluntary basis by various
supporters around the world. If you wish to mirror PostgreSQL.org FTP or
web sites, we need the following information to get started:

<BR><BR>
<ul>
<li> Geographic location of server.
<li> IP address of mirror server, or a hostname is a CNAME DNS record is required.
<li> Port number if non-standard.
<li> IP addresses of 1 or 2 machines that you will use to rsync the site.
For most sites this will be the same as the server.
<li> Path to content (for FTP servers - eg: /pub/postgresql).
</ul>
<BR><BR>

Please send these details to <a href="webmaster(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org>webmaster(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org</a>.
Our webmasters will contact you as soon as possible. In return for
mirroring a site, we can offer you free inclusion in our <a
href="/sponsor.html">sponsorship advert program</a>. If you wish to take
up this offer please forward a suitable advert and the target URL to the
webmaster following activation of your mirror.
<BR><BR>
Please note that as of 2004-02-13, the FTP site requires around 2GB of
space, and the website requires approximately 165MB. Both sites should
be expected to grow, particularly the FTP site.
</P>

Dave, could you please submit it to CVS?

Regards,
- --
Devrim GUNDUZ
devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org devrim(dot)gunduz(at)linux(dot)org(dot)tr
http://www.TDMSoft.com
http://www.gunduz.org