Named arguments in function calls

From: Dennis Bjorklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Named arguments in function calls
Date: 2004-01-25 09:13:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've been looking (and coded) a little bit on named function calls. Calls
on the form:

foo (x => 13, y => 42)

Implementing this means that the symbol => no longer can be defined by the
user as an operator. It's not used as default in pg, but I just want to
tell you up front in case you don't like that.

It's specified as => in the todo, and it's the symbol used by oracle in
their pl/sql so I hope it's okay that I steal that symbol?

--
/Dennis Björklund