-fpic vs. -fPIC

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: -fpic vs. -fPIC
Date: 2003-11-28 09:18:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Late in the 7.4 release we've added a patch that changed -fpic to -fPIC
for Linux Sparc. We wanted to investigate that issue further later on.

I've tried building PostgreSQL with -fpic on Sparc and saw no problems.
So I suggest that we change back to -fpic until we get detailed evidence.

Any other suggestions on how to deal with this?

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net