DocBook V4.2, on the way to XML

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DocBook V4.2, on the way to XML
Date: 2003-11-24 19:20:51
Lists: pgsql-docs

I've upgraded our documentation to DocBook V4.2 SGML. I was able to
install 4.2 by going to http://www.docbook.org/sgml/4.2/, unzipping the
file in a suitable place and adding the docbook.cat file to the
environment variable SGML_CATALOG_FILES. Packages are also available for
several operating systems. If you have trouble installing or using 4.2,
please post it here.

The next step will be to create an XSLT stylesheet customization layer
that results in equivalent output to our current DSSSL setup. Once that
is available, we can switch to XML.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net