ObjectWeb/Clustered JDBC

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ObjectWeb/Clustered JDBC
Date: 2003-11-21 22:09:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I was at the ObjectWeb Conference today; ObjectWeb
(http://www.objectweb.org) being a consortium that has amassed quite an
impressive array of open-source, Java-based middleware under their
umbrella, including for instance our old friend Enhydra. And they
regularly kept mentioning PostgreSQL in their presentations.

To those that are interested in distributed transactions/two-phase commit,
I recommend taking a look at Clustered JDBC
(http://c-jdbc.objectweb.org/). While this is not exactly the same thing,
it looks to be a pretty neat solution for a similar class of applications.
In particular, it provides redundancy, load balancing, caching, and even
database independence.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net