Re: Error message cleanup

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error message cleanup
Date: 2003-09-25 06:08:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera writes:

> Are you going to change "relation" to "table"? In most cases that is
> the intended meaning. ISTM in some other cases it refers to anything
> that can appear in pg_class, but I'm not 100% sure.

There are a few cases where it was obvious that only a table could be
meant, but I didn't look really hard to find such places. I think there
would be some merit to resolving the fuzziness surrounding the term
"relation" before issuing messages to the user, but I'm unsure from which
end to attack it.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net