Re: PlPython

From: Kevin Jacobs <jacobs(at)penguin(dot)theopalgroup(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: elein(at)varlena(dot)com, <joconnor(at)cybermesa(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PlPython
Date: 2003-06-30 21:36:36
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
> elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com> writes:
> > Sorry about the mixup earlier. But the "forbidden"
> > modules part still needs to be tossed for the new doc.
>
> Right. I already pulled section 43.4 --- see the updated docs at
> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/plpython.html
>
> I've also commented out the paragraph about global data and function
> arguments pending resolution of the question. Given the reference to
> restricted execution objects in the original text, I would think that
> the removal of rexec usage means that plpython functions can now get at
> any global data. But I'm not a Python user and might be
> misunderstanding the point.

The scope of each function is still private, so global data are not shared
unless explicitly stored in the "GD" dictionary. This is still the case
with my updated code.

-Kevin

Kevin Jacobs
The OPAL Group - Enterprise Systems Architect
Voice: (216) 986-0710 x 19 E-mail: jacobs(at)theopalgroup(dot)com
Fax: (216) 986-0714 WWW: http://www.theopalgroup.com