Re: Inquiry From Form [pgsql]

From: Achilleus Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: Christoph Haller <ch(at)rodos(dot)fzk(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, <rajendran(at)davlin(dot)co(dot)in>
Subject: Re: Inquiry From Form [pgsql]
Date: 2003-05-23 18:29:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Fri, 23 May 2003, Christoph Haller wrote:

> > I am using Java language for getting first 10 records from the table
> in postgres.
> > I dont know how to fetch 10 records from the table.
> > Raj

Could you try

selecy name from bar where serves_greek_tsipouro order by price limit 10;

> First answer is RTFM. But within psql you can fetch like this:
>
> begin;
> declare fu cursor for select * from foo;
> fetch 10 in fu;
> fetch 10 in fu;
> close fu;
> end;
>
> Does this answer your question?
>
> Regards, Christoph

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Achilleus Mantzios
S/W Engineer
IT dept
Dynacom Tankers Mngmt
Nikis 4, Glyfada
Athens 16610
Greece
tel: +30-210-8981112
fax: +30-210-8981877
email: achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com
mantzios(at)softlab(dot)ece(dot)ntua(dot)gr