Re: Is there a PDF version of the PostgreSQL 7.3.2

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is there a PDF version of the PostgreSQL 7.3.2
Date: 2003-04-18 00:22:37
Lists: pgsql-docs

Robert Treat writes:

> I thought I remember someone (Peter? Thomas Lockhart?) mentioning that
> there was some cleanup they did for the 7.2 pdf's. I'm still inclined
> to just post these as it seems unlikely that whomever did them before
> will have availability to do it again, and after skimming through the
> ones Joe built I don't see anything atrocious.

There are two known ways of creating print versions of the documentation:
1: -> RTF -> manual cleanup in some wordprocessor -> save as PS/PDF; 2 ->
TeX file -> pdfjadetex. I don't know what kind of artifacts the version 1
output contains, but over time version 2 got good enough that we started
using it some time ago. The output isn't "perfect", but I wouldn't worry
about it. If you're so inclined, you can do manual fixes in the
intermediate TeX file.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net