Re: PostgreSQL and SOAP, version 7.4/8.0

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: mlw <pgsql(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and SOAP, version 7.4/8.0
Date: 2003-03-29 11:26:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

mlw writes:

> On the flip side, I am also working on a PostgreSQL SOAP interface,
> where one does this:
>
> http://somehost/postgresql?query="select * from table"
>
> And a SOAP compatible resultset is returned.

That looks quite similar to the planned XML functionality. While that
plan doesn't contain the word "SOAP", one could of course create a small
layer to convert the output format to any other XML format. If you're
interested, please look up the XML discussion of the last few weeks.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net