calling analyze from a stored procedure in C

From: Ulli Mueckstein <ulim(at)tbi(dot)univie(dot)ac(dot)at>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: calling analyze from a stored procedure in C
Date: 2003-03-28 17:04:47
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi everybody!

I have to insert a lot of data (more than 1.000.000 rows) in various
tables. I use stored procedures in C to insert the data. It is necessary
to run ANALYZE after inserting a few thousand rows into a table. Can someone
tell me how to call ANALYZE (or analyze_rel(Oid relid, VacuumStmt *vacstmt))
from a C stored procedure ? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ulli Mueckstein