libpq's error messages not working as before

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: libpq's error messages not working as before
Date: 2003-03-18 22:06:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

When I connect to a non-existing server over Unix-domain sockets I now
simply get

createdb: could not connect to database template1: could not create socket: No such file or directory

There used to be a more verbose message along the lines of "Is the server
running on ... and accepting connections on ...?" which is still in the
source but apparently does not get called because of the IPv6 changes.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net