Re: Docs for service file

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Docs for service file
Date: 2003-01-14 23:26:03
Lists: pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian writes:

> Joe Conway says he uses this exact feature in Oracle. They just
> distribute the file to the hosts. That seemed like a good reason to
> keep it.

OK, if we're keeping it then let's at least get things right. The
documentation doesn't contain any information about the file format. It
refers you to a file called pg_service.conf.sample for more information.
The information should be moved from the file to the documentation. Also,
the documentation doesn't give any hint where that file is supposed to be.

Also, the sample file really belongs in src/include/libpq in the source
tree.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net