Re: Refuse SSL patchf

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jon Jensen <jon(at)endpoint(dot)com>, <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Refuse SSL patchf
Date: 2003-01-07 20:58:58
Lists: pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian writes:

> > Tom thought that having conflicting REFUSESSL and REQUIRESSL directives
> > would be confusing, and since I dug up someone's old discussion in the
> > list archives of the four possible modes, we could move to that.
>
> Oh. I find two params clearer than one with meaningless numbers. :-)

But the numeric model provides four modes (refuse ssl, prefer no ssl,
prefer ssl, require ssl) whereas the refuse/require combination only
provides three modes (refuse ssl, require ssl, and one other depending on
how you define it when neither is set). If you don't like numbers, make
them words.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net