Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...
Date: 2002-12-18 19:56:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marc G. Fournier writes:

> Going to announce later this evening to give the mirrors a chance to catch
> up ... let me know if there are any problems ..

Plenty...

The release notes are missing at least one item and contain at least one
factual mistake that needs to be fixed. The HISTORY file needs to be
reformatted because the line breaks look pretty ugly. The list of
supported platforms needs to be revised and all platforms that have not
received a confirmation yet have to be moved to unsupported. The INSTALL
file needs to be updated to get the list of supported platforms up-to-date
and the references to 7.3 need to be changed to 7.3.1. A note about the
SSL incompatibility needs to be added or a fix needs to be mentioned in
the list of changes. Someone also wrote me that a translation file is
stuck in the pgsql-patches queue. It would be good if we could get that
one in as well.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net