bug in vacuumlo (postgreSQL-7.3)? (fwd)

From: Peter Mount <peter(at)heather(dot)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: bug in vacuumlo (postgreSQL-7.3)? (fwd)
Date: 2002-12-02 10:49:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 23:32:35 -0500
From: Hsin-Yu Sidney Li <sidney(dot)li(at)jdsu(dot)com>
To: Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
Subject: bug in vacuumlo (postgreSQL-7.3)?

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has already been reported. (I had no luck searching the
postgreSQL archives).

I have just installed postgreSQL-7.3, and ran into some problems with
vacuumlo. The README file lists you as the author, so I am writing to you
with regards to this problem: when I try to run

vacuumlo mydatabase

it always complains that

vacuumlo: missing required argument: database name

It appears that the problem is in the statement (in vacuumlo.c)

if (optind >= argc - 1)

which really should be

if (optind > argc - 1)

Making this change fixed the problem for me.

Best Regards,

Sidney Li