Re: v7.2.3 - tag'd, packaged ... need it checked ...

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: v7.2.3 - tag'd, packaged ... need it checked ...
Date: 2002-10-08 21:42:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marc G. Fournier writes:

> On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> > Marc G. Fournier writes:
> >
> > > Looks good from my end, Peter, I pulled the same docs that I pulled for
> > > v7.2.2, which I hope is okay?
> >
> > Probably not, because the version number needs to be changed and they need
> > to be rebuilt for each release.
>
> should I run the same 'gmake docs' then, as I've been doing for the
> snapshot(s)?

src/tools/RELEASE_CHANGES contains all the places where the version number
needs to be changed. (Actually, I should eliminate some of these places,
but that won't help now.) After that you can build the docs using

doc/src$ gmake postgres.tar.gz
doc/src$ mv postgres.tar.gz ..

and copy man.tar.gz from the ftp site (since it doesn't change) to doc/.
After that, 'make dist'.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net