Re: compile error

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: George Esperanza <george_esperanza(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: compile error
Date: 2002-10-08 21:41:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

George Esperanza writes:

> In file included from info.c:19:
> psqlodbc.h:30: sql.h: No such file or directory
> psqlodbc.h:31: sqlext.h: No such file or directory
> psqlodbc.h:41: odbcinst.h: No such file or directory
> gmake[3]: *** [info.o] Error 1

You need to install unixODBC ...

> I wan't to compile postgres to support ODBC, because
> i'm planning to develop a system to be written in VB6
> and i prefer to use postgres as my Database server.

... or just download the driver for Windows from
http://odbc.postgresql.org. There is no "ODBC support". All
--enable-odbc does it do turn on the build of the ODBC driver for Unix
systems, which is apparently not what you really want.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net