Re: question on pgaccess installation

From: "C(dot) Maj" <cmaj(at)freedomcorpse(dot)info>
To: Nicolas Boretos <nicolasb(at)maich(dot)gr>
Cc: "Recto, Angelo" <a(dot)recto(at)servisoft(dot)biz>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: question on pgaccess installation
Date: 2002-09-24 13:37:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Nicolas Boretos waxed:

> C. Maj wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Recto, Angelo waxed:
> >

> >>I already have on my computer tcl 8.3.4. Afetr unzipping pgaccess 0.97, I
> >>copied the dll's in the folder win 32 and renamed the libpgtcl.dll and
> >>libpq.dll accordingly and placed them in winnt/system32. But in spite of
> >>that I still get an error message when I click main.tcl. It says that
> >>libpgtcl.dll cannot be found in the libarary path. Could you help me on
> >>this. Perhaps I need to know the steps very specifically.
> >

> > Sounds like you followed the right steps, but you might try launching
> > from a batch file where you can explicitly set your environment. Are
> > you certain that your dll's match your tcl version ?
>
> I wrote a bit back to the pgaccess people if it would be possible to
> "stubs" enable the dll's. Does anyone know anything to this respect?
>
> regards,
> nicolas boretos

It's still in PgAccess' Bugzilla. The installer project is on the todo
list so that might be when it gets looked into, maybe the next version.
Does seem possible.

But even if you don't want to do it, the more research, the better.

--Chris

--

Chris Maj <cmaj_hat_freedomcorpse_hot_info>
0xC0051F6A