pg_resetxlog options

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_resetxlog options
Date: 2002-08-27 20:16:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

pg_resetxlog uses a non-standard options parsing method: The -l option
requires two arguments (-l fileid seg). I propose to change this to -l
fileid,seg which is the standard way to separate suboptions.

Secondly, the -n option appears to be redundant with pg_controldata. Do
we need it?

Thirdly, pg_resetxlog uses the term "guessed" controldata values if it
can't read the real ones. I found this to be confusing, because the code
doesn't do a whole lot of guessing. Would it be better to say that the
values are simply defaulted (and to what)?

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net