mistakes in postgresql-snapshots (7.3)

From: Pavel Stehule <stehule(at)kix(dot)fsv(dot)cvut(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: mistakes in postgresql-snapshots (7.3)
Date: 2002-08-05 16:39:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

I tryed postgresql7.3. I install databse on clean redhat with
--enable-recode --enable-multibyte --enable-nls. I have two questions.

1. parametr -E encoding of createdb haven't any efect.
createdb aopk -ELATIN2
CREATE
COMMENT
psql -l
aopk |stehule|SQL_ASCII
If I created db via SQLcmd CREATE DATABASE aopk WITH encoding = 'LATIN2',
then databese is created with encoding LATIN2, but if databese is with
encoding other than SQL_ASCII, than I can't use SET CLIENT_ENCODING =
'WINDOWS1250'. I get error ERROR: Conversion between windows1250 and
LATIN2 is not supported. When database has def. encoding SQL_ASCII, I can
use cmd SET CLIENT_ENCODING. Why?

2. I can't as owner of database create functions in plpgsql. Implicit
triggers are ok. With my function I get message ERROR: plpgsql: permission
denied. Again, why? What is a new, and what I forgot set.

Bye

Pavel