Re: [GENERAL] regression test

From: stefan(at)extum(dot)com
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] regression test
Date: 2002-07-26 09:32:18
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-ports

Regarding regression tests in my machine. I crossed from general to ports
as described under /usr/share/doc/postgresql-7.2.1/README.rpm-dist

My box is a linux i386 Pentium III, RedHat 7.3

I was able to run the regression tests. I have got 3 tests failed
during my run. See below.

parallel group (20 tests): comments lseg type_sanity box reltime polygon
tinterval date point time circle path tim
etz abstime interval opr_sanity oidjoins inet timestamp timestamptz
point ... ok
lseg ... ok
box ... ok
path ... ok
polygon ... ok
circle ... ok
date ... ok
time ... ok
timetz ... ok
timestamp ... ok
timestamptz ... ok
interval ... ok
abstime ... FAILED
reltime ... ok
tinterval ... FAILED
inet ... ok
comments ... ok
oidjoins ... ok
type_sanity ... ok
opr_sanity ... ok
test geometry ... ok
test horology ... FAILED
test create_function_1 ... ok
test create_type ... ok
test create_table ... ok
test create_function_2 ... ok
test copy ... ok

Looking and inspecting the regression.diffs I have got lots of things
which somebody could explain me ?

I have attached the regression.diffs . Can I make sure my PG is properly
installed in this way, having 3 steps failed ?

stefan

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Wednesday 24 July 2002 06:13 am, stefan(at)extum(dot)com wrote:
> > I am trying to run the regression tests under PG 7.2.1 RedHat 7.3-
> > I have installed PG from rpms , so from package, not source code. Right
> > now I have no idea if I need the source code of PG in order to start and
> > compile the regression tests ?
>
> See /usr/share/doc/postgresql-7.2.1/README.rpm-dist -- it has your answers.
>
> You will first need to see if the package 'postgresql-test' is installed -- if
> not, you can get it from ftp.postgresql.org in
> /pub/binary/v7.2.1/RPMS/redhat-7.3

Attachment Content-Type Size
regression.diffs text/plain 24.4 KB