JDBC Metadata Problems

From: Aaron Mulder <ammulder(at)alumni(dot)princeton(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC Metadata Problems
Date: 2002-06-17 13:52:21
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I'm using the PostgreSQL 7.2.1 server and JDBC drivers distributed
with Red Hat 7.3. When I create a series of tables and foreign keys, and
then use the JDBC DatabaseMetaData calls getImportedKeys and
getExportedKeys, the results are incorrect. In some cases, I get the
primary key table with the foreign key column and vice versa, while in
other cases the primary key table *and* column are in the foreign key
positions and vice versa.
I'm not sure if there's a more specific place to report issues
with the JDBC driver, but I'll be happy to provide more detail including
SQL to create the tables and keys and the Java code to display the
incorrect results if you'll point me to the right place.

Thanks,
Aaron

P.S. I guess I'm speculating that this is a JDBC issue not a DB issue...
I haven't tried inserting some bad data. :)