Re: I must be blind...

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: I must be blind...
Date: 2002-06-15 00:12:10
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane dijo:

> "Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> > However, because PERFORM discards the results of a query it is only
> > useful for side effects of the query.

> Okay. I guess the next question is whether PERFORM *should* be setting
> FOUND. Seems like it might be a reasonable thing to do.

Well, actually FOUND _is_ a side effect of PERFORM, IMHO. I also tried
to do the very same thing, and also had to use the dummy variable, which
seems like a waste to me.

I do not know anything about Oracle's PERFORM, though a quick search on
Google shows nothing relevant.

"La conclusion que podemos sacar de esos estudios es que
no podemos sacar ninguna conclusion de ellos" (Tanenbaum)