UNICODE problem

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)oper(dot)metu(dot)edu(dot)tr>
Subject: UNICODE problem
Date: 2002-06-07 17:52:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm running PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on Mandrake 8.2 just for test purposes..
While trying to connect to the database, I get the following error:

<error>
Error trying to connect to database 'deneme' on host

PostgreSQL error message: Connection to database failed
ERROR: Client encoding 'UNICODE' is not supported
</error>

If I install the system with English lang, KDE works but gnome fails. If I
install Turkish, both fail... Also,
export PGCLIENTENCODING=UNICODE does not work.

How can I overcome the error?

Regards and best wishes,
--

Devrim GUNDUZ

devrim(at)oper(dot)metu(dot)edu(dot)tr
devrim(dot)gunduz(at)linux(dot)org(dot)tr

Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr