Re: Perl build fix attempted

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Perl build fix attempted
Date: 2002-06-01 15:57:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane writes:

> On HPUX 10.20, using perl 5.6.1, plperl builds without complaint but
> SIGSEGV's upon use. AFAIR this worked last time I tried it; any idea
> what you might have changed?

I have written it so that the commands that are executed during the build
should be the same. Can you send me the build output from current and
from before the change (7.2 should work), and the generated Makefile from
before the change?

I suspect that the linkage is wrong now, possibly a PIC problem.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net