timestamp

From: Laurette Cisneros <laurette(at)nextbus(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: timestamp
Date: 2002-05-30 20:07:22
Lists: pgsql-general

We currently have several tables that have columns defined as timestamp.

Does simply defining the column as timestamp imply "with time zone"?

This timestamp field contains data such as:
2002-05-28 07:19:41-04

However, when I pg_dump this table and then pg_restore it on another database, this
timestamp field now becomes:
2002-05-28 04:19:41-07

How do I maintain the same value for the timestamp fields when I restore
tables that have timestamp columns?

Thanks,

--
Laurette Cisneros