Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: Trond Eivind Glomsrød <teg(at)redhat(dot)com>, Manuel Sugawara <masm(at)fciencias(dot)unam(dot)mx>, PostgreSQL Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug
Date: 2002-05-22 01:09:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Lamar Owen writes:

> SuSE already does this. I wonder how they've handled this issue with
> 8.0?

Their glibc doesn't have that problem.

Personally, I think if you need time (zone) support before 1970, obtain
one of the various operating systems that support it. There's little
value in hacking around it in PostgreSQL, since the rest of your system
will be broken as well.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net