7.2.1 segfaults.

From: Stephen Amadei <amadei(at)dandy(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 7.2.1 segfaults.
Date: 2002-05-04 03:03:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello.

I am new to the bugs list, so I hope this hasn't been covered before, but
I have a Slackware 8.0 system that is fairly up to date. Possibly to a
fault. Glibc is 2.2.5, gcc is 2.95.3, zlib is 1.1.4, kernel is 2.4.18
with the GRSecurity patch.

I have been trying to run Postgres 7.2.1 in a chrooted environment, but
once I try to connect to the server with a "psql -l", it segfaults as it
tries to read from the data/global/1262. I ran Postgres out of the chroot
and with a non-GRSecurity kernel, and it still segfaults.

I saw simular problems with a few other applications that use libz, since
I upgraded to 1.1.4 for security reasons. If I compile Postgres 7.1.3,
it runs fine... Any ideas?

----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Dandy.NET! CTO