Re: Strange Error

From: # sriram # <sriram(at)imsc(dot)ernet(dot)in>
To: Nick <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
Cc: Psql-Jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Strange Error
Date: 2002-02-26 13:04:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

mine is a standalone application..no servlets now...

i believe there are no firewall scripts running on the machine...

believe me...this is pure ill luck...simple programs throwing complex
errors..

!Here are a few more ideas:
!
!
!> well....i missed the database...it should read
!> jdbc:postgres://localhost:5432/mydb," "," ".....
!OK, so that's not the problem.
!
!> i mentioned apache and tomcat...to make matters more simple if someone
!> really feels that my jdbc classpath should also be present on the tomcat
!> lib directory....i tried that also...(sounds silly though)
!
!Are you running this through a servlet, or just in a standalone application?
!I'd suggest trying to debug this with a simple standalone application first
!& get tomcat involved once the database issue is resolved.
!
!
!> i ran netstat --tcp -a -n | grep 5432 and i found just 5432 listening to
!> my requests and there are no other clashes...
!
!I think others have experienced disconnects after an initial response due to
!some packet filtering, so I'm still curious about whether you have any
!network security software running.
!
!
!> i also tried running postmaster on a different port...but no avail...
!> some one mentioned that i am trying to access a jdbc2 statement......
!> how far can i go in that direction...
!
!
!> PS..amazingly mysql also throws the same error ??
!
!I think this is an important clue. I think it points again to another piece
!of software interfering.
!
!-NickF