Convert from unixtime?

From: Forjan Tamas <tamas(at)2fkft(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Convert from unixtime?
Date: 2003-03-19 19:07:14
Lists: pgsql-novice

Greetings.

I have some data files that I need to put into a database. My problem is
that all date fields are in unix time format (seconds since 1970.01.01
0:00). What I would like to find is a function that could be used in
INSERT commands to convert such data into a date format understandable to
Postgres. Any ideas?

Thank you very much, (please cc: me directly when answering)

--
Tamas Forjan
tech support