Re: Pl/Tcl problem

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: Trond Eivind Glomsrød <teg(at)redhat(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Ian Harding <ianh(at)tpchd(dot)org>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pl/Tcl problem
Date: 2001-12-22 02:15:58
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Monday 17 December 2001 12:24 pm, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> > (FWIW, we had a few tcl/tk in Red Hat Linux a couple of years
> > ago. All the ones we made are gone, and the ones in most apps as well)
>
> The tcl/tk configuration apps.... Ugh.
>
> Well, in any case, there is a problem with the pl/tcl build. The
> /usr/lib/tclConfig.sh on RH 7.2 defines:
> # Base command to use for combining object files into a shared library:
> TCL_SHLIB_LD='gcc -pipe -shared -Wl,-soname,libtcl.so.0'
>
> So this is where it comes from. Now, why does it work with a non-RPM
> installation?

I compiled it on a non-RedHat installation and then copied the file.
There was too much trouble involved in compiling directly in the RH
server, so I used my own workstation instead. I don't know if it works
compiling on RedHat.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[(at)]atentus(dot)com>)
"God is real, unless declared as int"