Re: Replication documentation addition

From: Richard Troy <rtroy(at)ScienceTools(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Alexey Klyukin <alexk(at)vollmond(dot)org(dot)ua>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Replication documentation addition
Date: 2006-10-26 17:07:05
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> > It isn't designed for that. It is designed for people to understand
> > what they want, and then they can look around for solutions. I think
> > most agree we don't want a list of solutions in the documentation,
> > though I have a few as examples.
>
> Do they? I've seen no discussion of the matter. I think we should have
> them.

I completely agree; If you want to attract competent people from the
business world, one thing you have to do is respect their time by helping
them find information, especially about things they don't know exist. All
that's needed are pointers, but the pointers need to be to solid
documents/resources, not just the top of a heap - if you'll forgive the
pun.

Richard

--
Richard Troy, Chief Scientist