Re: OSCon Update

From: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: OSCon Update
Date: 2004-04-09 17:19:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 9 Apr 2004, Robert Treat wrote:

> Don't know if anyone had noticed, but they have put up info on the
> PostgreSQL Track for OSCON.
>
> http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/29/track_postgresql.html

Hey, I think I know some of those folks! :)

> I haven't given things a thorough look over yet, but I did notice that
> Joe Celko will be presenting (it's on the my$ql track of all places),
> which might be of interest to PostgreSQL users... in fact, Josh, do you
> know if we can get that tagged into our track as well? It doesn't
> conflict with anything in our track AFAICS.

Yeah, a tutorial on Advanced SQL in the MySQL Track? and it covers things
like check() constraints. Seems like there should just be a plain
"database tutorials" track, as his being part of MySQL makes little or no
sense.

I'm pretty sure Joe is on one or two of our mailing lists, so if he sees
this maybe he can clarify why they put him on the MySQL list instead of
Postgresql or firebird. I'm certain MySQL is NOT his favorite open source
database.