Re: Why not (OID) in JDeveloper10g?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: rdgmus <info(at)rdg-software(dot)it>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why not (OID) in JDeveloper10g?
Date: 2004-01-30 20:12:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, rdgmus wrote:

> Hello!,
> Using JDeveloper10g (ORACLE) I can connect to PostgreSQL database
> on local machine;
>
> This is what says Oracle about this same error on his help on line into
> JDeveloper10g.
> *****************************************************************************************
> Cause: A database failure occurred while trying to generate an object ID (OID)
> and object reference (REF). When a new row is created on an entity which maps
> to an Oracle object table, an OID and REF for the new row are generated. This
> executes a SQL statement like select a.oid, make_ref(, a.oid) ... Somehow,
> this statement is failing. Action: Check the following: Are you using the
> right version of Oracle database? Is the table in question an object table?
> This error normally carries a detail exception from the database, which will
> give further information about the database failure. Take a look at the
> detail exception and address the database problem.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that oracle's product supports
postgresql. If it is supposed to support pg, then the place to file the
bug report would be oracle, not here. Because it uses JDBC you can
probably get a connection to any database, but that doesn't mean it will
actually work.

Kris Jurka