Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc Makefile READ ...

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc Makefile READ ...
Date: 2004-01-21 01:23:23
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
> > He got a lot of pushback at the time, but this past summer it was
> > finally agreed to do it:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2003-06/msg00112.php
> > only not during the 7.4 beta cycle. That's done, we finally got the
> > gborg project set up for JDBC, it's time to get on with it.
>
> That sounded a lot like that Marc just said it would happen rather than
> a broad dicussion about it. It seems that in particular the JDBC
> developers were the most unsure about it.

That's basically the gist of it. No one on the JDBC team was in favor of
the move and we felt that we were bullied into it. We asked Marc to
reconsider and after some mostly off list discussion the core voted for
removal. We have accepted this decision and don't really wish to reignite
the debate.

Kris Jurka