Re: A bug in 7.3 jdbc driver now support for PG money type

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Andreasen <michael(at)dunlops(dot)com>, "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A bug in 7.3 jdbc driver now support for PG money type
Date: 2003-11-04 05:43:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 3 Nov 2003, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Would it be possible for you to use the getObject() method instead. In
> order to support the money type as a double we need to put some code in
> to check for the $, and comma's; Given that money is a deprecated type
> in postgres this is alot of cycles in the driver to support a case which
> will be used sparsely.

The patch I suggested is not sufficient as it does not handle other
locales. Currently anything that uses a different currency symbol or
grouping separator is broken. I would suggest that we remove all support
for money other than getString() because we can't attempt to parse it
without correctly knowing the locale.

Kris Jurka