Upgrade problem with postgresql 7.3.4 and php 4.2

From: "S(dot)P(dot)Vimala" <vimala(at)ncb(dot)ernet(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Upgrade problem with postgresql 7.3.4 and php 4.2
Date: 2003-10-30 09:39:59
Lists: pgsql-php

> Hi,
> I have installed posgresql(serve/libs)-7.3.4 on my linux machine. It
> has
> httpd-2.0.40-8
> php-4.2.2-8.0.8
> php-pgsql-4.2.2-8.0.8
> Now pg_connect on my code gives me an error undefined function call.
> tried to upgrade to php4.3. But this gives me a lot of dependencies
> errors. phpinfo() gives me a message of database support for postgresql
>in the dbx section but there is no seperate section for postgreSQL
Support with active persistent links etc..

I'm sure that php-pgsql is installed. The includes pgsql.so is uncommented in
the php.ini file also.

Is it that php4.2 does not have the libraries compiled for postgresql
7.3.4? The same configuration worked with postgresql 7.2. Only after
upgrade i get the problem. what do i do?

-vimala/.