RPM Feature Request

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)acm(dot)org>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RPM Feature Request
Date: 2002-08-23 16:57:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Lamar,

I haven't had/needed to upgrade since 7.0 and 7.2BETA so I'm not sure
how this is being done currently but I'd like to see a variable or two in
the /etc/init.d/postgresql script to allow a change to tje location of
debugging/logging information.
Currently it is hard-coded as /dev/null. I'd like a variable or two
say, PGLOGDIR, PGLOGFILE at the top of the script that could be changed
easily to where ever the admin wants it to go.

Thanks for your consideration,
Rod